Morey’s Seafood International is a frozen seafood supplier with a long and interesting history. Dedicated to increasing seafood consumption by providing innovative and healthy products, Morey’s is a seafood industry leader. Celebrating their 75th Anniversary in 2012, Morey’s is proud of its heritage and its reputation as one of America’s finest seafood companies. The company’s core values and history of quality is part of what has made it so successful.
- Morey’s Seafood was established in 1937, when Ed Morey, a farmer in the heart of Minnesota’s lake country, with a knack for smoking fish, built a large smokehouse in Motley, Minnesota to produce his delicacies for sale to the public. His success was tremendous, and as word spread about his delicious fish, the company grew to be the thriving processing, manufacturing and distribution enterprise it is today. From that simple smoked fish company, Morey’s has become a leading fresh, prepared, and frozen seafood supplier, providing high-quality seafood to restaurants and consumers alike. With hundreds of products, including delicious offerings like Morey’s Marinated wild and farm-raised Salmon, Tilapia, Cod and Mahi Mahi, Morey’s Smoked Salmon Portions and Morey’s Smoked Fish, it is no wonder that the company is a leading fresh and frozen seafood supplier.
- The goals of the company are simple. Morey’s wants to encourage people to eat seafood, by providing restaurant-quality, great tasting fish and seafood products. To that end, the company is constantly working to create new, innovative, and healthy products for consumers.
- What sets Morey’s apart from other seafood companies is the quality of the food. A modern frozen seafood supplier must be vigilant about quality control, and Morey’s has been delivering quality for generations. Dedicated to Ed Morey’s original vision of a delicious, easy-to enjoy array of seafood, delivered to consumers no matter where they live or how they like to eat, Morey’s prepares a wide variety of the freshest products from around the world. Morey’s is committed to safety monitoring and training for both products and employees.
- Morey’s is an active member of the National Fisheries Institute, (NFI). This means that the company fully supports the NFI’s vision of expanding a safe, responsible, and sustainable seafood supply, while increasing consumer acceptance and consumption. Morey’s boasts two past Presidents of the NFI, and has a current member of the NFI board of directors on staff.
- Morey’s is a governing member of the Global Aquaculture Alliance, (GAA). The GAA is dedicated to advancing responsible aquaculture throughout the world through the implementation of Best Aquaculture Practices.
- Morey’s is continually striving for improvement and new product innovation.
For a wide variety of the freshest seafood products, you can depend on Morey’s Seafood. A fresh and frozen seafood supplier with integrity and vision, Morey’s delivers quality seafood in a responsible manner. For more information, visit the Morey’s website. Once there, you can subscribe for email tips, information and recipes, or join the online community on Facebook or Twitter for a deeper connection.