Herbed Cod and Chickpea Salad
WITH WILD COD BUTTER & HERB
Our Wild Cod Butter & Herb adds loads of flavor to this delicious, lemony chickpea salad. It’s a fresh way to add vibrant Greek vegetables to lunch or dinner.
COOK FISH: Cook Morey’s Wild Cod Butter & Herb according to package directions of your choice (we used the baking method).
MAKE SALAD: In a large mixing bowl, toss together the chickpeas, cucumber, black olives, red onion, bell pepper, and feta. Season with salt and pepper.
MAKE DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1 heaping tablespoon to drizzle over fish.
TO SERVE: Dress salad with as much vinaigrette as preferred just before serving (serve any remaining on the side).
Divide salad between two shallow bowls and top each with cod. Drizzle reserved tablespoon of dressing over cod. Serve with warm pita.
PRO TIP: Baby spinach leaves are a great addition to this salad.
- 2 Morey’s Wild Cod Butter & Herb fillets
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- A few shaves of red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, large chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- Pinch of fresh oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Warm pita for serving (optional)
Additional Product Options
You can also use:
Tilapia Seasoned Grill
Single Hop IPA
Sign Up and Save.
From delicious recipes to cooking tips to special offers, we’ve selected the best catches for your inbox. We’ll send a coupon directly to your inbox when you sign up!